We are just a few short weeks away from something we’ve been looking forward to for a LONG time!! We’re hosting a benefit concert and dessert reception on March 18th in Sterling, Va. We are preparing some cool music (featuring not only Epic, but some of our epic friends as well), we are going to have a big ole’ cake accented by high-heeled shoe decorations (yay!), and we’re offering an impressive line-up of raffle prizes.
It’s going to be a special night… here are just a few highlights:
- Shana, the Epic chick who sings the really low notes, will be let out of her “cage” to sing really high opera songs (which is what she sings in her other, non-barbershop, not-nearly-as-cool life… don’t tell her we said that)
- We are welcoming our partners-in-crime, Shameless, a male quartet from the Fairfax, Va., chapter. They are charming, entertaining and we love singing an 8-part male/female barbershop song with them!
- Barbershop is all about family for Epic so we’ll be breaking out a beautiful tune featuring husband and wife Richard and Chris Lewellen with father and daughter John Rector and Kris (Rector) Adams.
- Anne is a rocker babe. She sings in the band. She threatened the band. So the band is coming. And her hot husband, Gregg, is in the band too.
- Richard Lewellen is the emcee for the evening. He thinks he’s funny. You can be the judge.
Thanks to some amazing supporters we have in our lives, we have some great raffles to offer up to the crowd, including several Scentsy gift collections and Thirty-One totes that are customized for the evening. Even if you’re not able to join us for the concert, you can still check out our raffles and buy tickets. You don’t need to be present to win… though we’d love to see you!!
We are hosting this concert (and don’t forget the crazy dessert reception…it’s gonna be gooooood) to raise funds for our contest-related expenses. In April, we are traveling to Montreal to compete in the Area 2 qualifying competition for Harmony, Inc. If we qualify (we’re working hard, so fingers crossed!), we will be planning a trip to Orlando this fall for Harmony, Inc.’s International competition. We couldn’t do it without our friends and supporters so we hope you’ll consider joining us. We promise to give you a fun evening of music, laughs, chocolate and prizes :-)
Hope to see you there!! Click the flyer above for details on the where, when, what!! Or better yet, make your intended presence known on our Facebook event page for the concert.